[Biojava-l] Regarding in issue on the openchart not found in biojava 6.0.4

Roshan Shrestha roshan.shrestha at aspenbiosciences.com
Sat Jan 22 00:58:31 EST 2022

Hello,
We are trying to change the version of the biojava from 4.0.0 to 6.0.4 in
our application.
We have upgraded the biojava-core & biojava-aa-prop from 4.0.0 > 6.0.4

During the version bump, the build is failing which says the following:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':compileClasspath'.
   > Could not find openchart:openchart:1.4.2.
     Searched in the following locations:
       - https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/openchart/openchart/1.4.2/openchart-1.4.2.pom
       - https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/openchart/openchart/1.4.2/openchart-1.4.2.jar
     Required by:
         project : > org.biojava:biojava-aa-prop:6.0.4 >
org.biojava:biojava-structure:6.0.4 >
org.biojava:biojava-alignment:6.0.4 >
org.biojava.thirdparty:forester:1.039

Looks like some internal dependency issue, cause we haven't used any
openchart dependency previously. We could not figure out the issue from our
side.

This issue only happens when we use biojava version more than 6.0.0
Any suggestion & help is appreciated. Thanks