[Biojava-l] Introducing a mutation in a DNA sequence

Jose Manuel Duarte jose.duarte at psi.ch
Mon Mar 30 08:30:58 UTC 2015

Hi Jonas

I'm not very familiar with the sequence part of Biojava, but after
looking around a bit it seems that indeed there's no available way to
mutate sequences. It looks like people using Biojava before had
"read-only" applications in mind. I agree a setCompoundAt(int position)
would be needed, it should actually be part of the Sequence interface.
It would be a nice addition for 4.1.

Anyway sorry I can't be of more help, perhaps someone else has some more
background info on this.

Jose