[Biojava-l] Partial ORGANISM_SCIENTIFIC name returned from PDB 4xcw

Jose Manuel Duarte jose.duarte at psi.ch
Thu Jun 25 19:53:49 UTC 2015

I forgot to mention, the mmCIF parser is fine with this and returns the
correct organism string.

So the other solution is simply to use mmCIF files. To load a structure
from mmCIF with AtomCache you need something like this:

     AtomCache cache = new AtomCache();
     StructureIO.setAtomCache(cache);
     cache.setUseMmCif(true);

     Structure struct = StructureIO.getStructure("4XCW");

In general it is a good idea to use mmCIF, since they have more complete
and better structured information. Additionally, the PDB has already
stopped providing some large structures in the PDB format, so the only
way to cover the whole PDB is to use mmCIF.

Good luck

Jose