[Biojava-l] file i/o with ArrayList

Khalil El Mazouari khalil.elmazouari at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:40:34 UTC 2015

Hi Stefan,

I recently had a similar problem. Object serialisation was OK. However, deserialization of huge sequence list may consume a lot of memory => less performance ...

I highly recommend to take a look at ChronicleMap (CM): A low latency Key Value Store, with consistency, persistence and performance. Data can be stored and reloaded from disk, in a single file. You can also use CM as off-heap store.

With CM we managed to persist, load and process 1.000.000 sequences with just 4G RAM.

Best Regards,

Khalil