[Biojava-l] [Job] Web Developer position at RCSB PDB at UCSD

Rose, Peter pwrose at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 24 18:20:48 UTC 2015

The Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioinformatics (RCSB) Protein Data Bank (www.rcsb.org) is seeking exceptional developers, and we know we're not alone in our search. So why choose to work with us? Our team values open discussion and contribution. Starting from your first day, you will shape software and services used by thousands of people around the world. RCSB PDB can trace its lineage back to the 1970's, but we still operate like a start-up. Have a great idea? Let's hear it. Want to try a new technology? Let's learn it. Want to write code at scale? Let's do it. Everyone at our organization is passionate about what we do, and that is why we are leaders in our field. We want to hear from skilled Developers, people passionate about their craft and what they can bring to the field. We are currently looking for experienced developers to join our team of agile software Developers at the University of California, San Diego.

The RCSB Protein Data Bank (www.rcsb.org) is one of the world's leading biological databases with more than 300,000 unique users per month from over 160 countries. It enables access to the singular global archive of the three-dimensional structures of proteins and nucleic acids and is a key resource for the design of new medicines, biofuels, nanomaterials, and enables fundamental discoveries in biology and medicine.

Experienced web developer will be part of our agile team of scientists and software developers who expand the capabilities of our databases, search engines, websites, web services, and visualization and analysis tools. The candidate will implement cutting edge technology on our in-house cloud using industry standards and best web development practices.

    For more information about SDSC, please visit: www.sdsc.edu

    Apply online at: https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?cat=new&sortby=post&jobnum_in=75896

QUALIFICATIONS

    BS Degree in Computer Science; or comparable combination of education and experience with considerable focus in web and software development.

    Experience developing the presentation layer of a dynamic, database-driven web application using HTML, CSS, JSON, JavaScript, JavaScript libraries, and Java/JSP. Experience in adoptive layouts for mobile devices and browser compatibility.

    Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, including data modeling and experience with object-relational mapping tools such as Hibernate. Experience with object storage, such as NoSQL databases is a plus.

    Advanced experience in the Java programming language and Java EE technology.

    Experience in agile software development and test-driven design. Experience with build tools such as Maven and continuous integration systems such as Bamboo, Jenkins, or Travis.

SPECIAL CONDITIONS

    A background check is required.

The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html

https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?cat=new&sortby=post&jobnum_in=75896

--
Peter Rose, Ph.D.
Site Head, RCSB Protein Data Bank West (http://www.rcsb.org)