[Biojava-l] BioJava release plans

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Thu Mar 20 00:41:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

The BioJava code base has made a lot of progress lately on github and it is
time for a new release. I suggest that we release the current 3.0.8 code
base next Tuesday (March 25th). Please commit all outstanding commits by
Monday midnight. The code base will be frozen after that until the release
has been made.

For the period after this release we are planning some refactoring in the
structure modules and we will remove some of the deprecated methods that we
have carried along for a long time. That means the release after this
should be a major version increment and the next release will be called
3.1.0.

Andreas