[Biojava-l] Regarding the transcription script

Daniel Asarnow dasarnow at gmail.com
Wed May 29 17:42:44 UTC 2013

And the third sentence from that article is:  "during transcription, a DNA
sequence is read by an RNA polymerase, which produces a *complementary*,
antiparallel RNA strand."

mRNA is complementary to the *non-coding* strand. If the original sequence
is coding, you just change T and U. If not, you must make a complement
containing U.

The example sequence is clearly coding, thus the confusion.

-da