[Biojava-l] Biojava moving to Github

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 26 17:35:37 UTC 2013

Dear community,

On the developer list we have been discussing moving the biojava code to
github for some time. This transition is currently scheduled to occur this
weekend. For users who get Biojava via binary jars or maven, this will have
no effect on your projects. Users who compile the latest version of the
source themselves may have to get a fresh version from github after April 1:

biojava 3: https://github.com/biojava/biojava
biojava 1: https://github.com/biojava/biojava-legacy

I'll be working on improving documentation for the transition this week.
For those interested in the migration process, see
http://biojava.org/wiki/SVN_to_GIT_Migration. Some information about using
git with eclipse is at
http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava3_eclipse#Anonymous_access_with_Git. And
http://biojava.org/wiki/Get_source will soon be updated with the new
instructions for getting the latest source code from git.

Please let me know if anyone has suggestions or concerns.

-Spencer