[Biojava-l] Problem in Digestion with Symbol 'X'

Eman Alhaweri em.alhaweri at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 18:24:46 UTC 2013

Hi

I am working with Biojava in my Master project but I have problem and I
hope if you can solve it for me. The protein database that I use in my
project is contained Xs which is unknown symbol. When I tried to digest the
protein sequences, Biojava gave an error that X is unknown symbol. Please
tell how can the sequence pass the digestion without error.

The error is: Exception in thread "main"
org.biojava.bio.symbol.IllegalSymbolException: The mass of the symbol [VAL
ILE GLY ALA CYS MET SEC GLU HIS THR PYL TYR SER TRP GLN PRO ASP LEU ARG LYS
ASN PHE] is unknown

 Thanks in advance.