[Biojava-l] Reading SCF files

Nick England nickengland at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:13:12 UTC 2013

Janier,

Here is a snippet which should read in SCF files for you, you will have to
have BioJava 1.0 for this to work.

File file = new File(String "your path here");
InputStream stream = new FileInputStream(file);
Chromatogram scf= ChromatogramFactory.create(stream);
stream.close();
Alignment data = scf.getBaseCalls();
String seq=data.symbolListForLabel("dna").seqString();

Cheers,

Nick