[Biojava-l] Large RichSequence collection

Khalil El Mazouari khalil.elmazouari at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:37:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

thanks for you proposal ;)

I have no problem in reading the sequences from fasta file. RichSequence iterator is doing the job very well.
I am processing the input sequences one by one. Each RichSequence is annotated and added into a specific group (ArrayList) based on the annotation results. All annotated sequence are kept in memory and re-processed later ... which prevent GC from cleaning the heap.
I can serialize the processed sequences, but IO also have performance issues .

I can inspect the heap with eclipse memory analyzer. SimpleRichSequence object consume a lot of memory.

Best

khalil

-----

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and confidential and are solely for the use of the addressee. It may contain material which is legally privileged. If you are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering to the addressee, please notify that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use of it is strictly prohibited. It would be helpful if you could notify the author by replying to it.