[Biojava-l] new features and git

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed Sep 19 15:13:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been a bit silent last few weeks, mostly due to traveling. As such a
quick status update:

Several people are working on new features:

- Daniel Asarnow is working on a new CATH parser
- Marco Vaz is working on a new Stockholm parser
- Carmelo Foti is working on an enhanced GFF3 parser
- Thiago Satake is working on a Genbank parser
- For the structure modules, we are working on enhancements for working
with the biological assemblies of proteins

as you can see, quite a number of things in the pipeline!

We also have the still open discussion about our migration to Git and
github. Overall the feedback has been positive and it would seem that there
is support for this change. I will spend the next couple of days talking to
various people and will send out a proposal for the next releases and a
timeline for migrating to git.

Andreas