[Biojava-l] Biojava Dependency on Forester

Andreas Prlic andreas.prlic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:32:30 UTC 2012

Hi Terry,

Biojava depends on forester version 0.955. There are no plans to get
rid of this dependency, as far as I know. However we can try to
upgrade to a newer version if that helps.

If you are working in a Maven environment and you pull in BioJava that
way, you can add an exclusion to your config. Something like the XML
below. This forces your project to ignore the older forester library
configured in biojava. Is this a suitable workaround for your problem?

Andreas

	<dependency>
			<groupId>org.biojava</groupId>
			<artifactId>biojava3-phylo</artifactId>