[Biojava-l] Porting an Algorithm to Java GSoC 2012

Shashank Gupta shashank201091 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:45:57 UTC 2012

Hello

I am a beginner in the open source development but I am trying to give my
best shot at this year's GSoC. In "Porting an Algorithm to Java" what I
infer is we can export the svn and then using a C++ to Java code converter
convert the whole source code into Java. After which open the project
through a Java based IDE and compile the source code and then fix the
errors that have crept in the code while the conversion.
After thorough testing and debugging we clean the code and give the final
source. I know I am a newbie and i'll be grateful if you could let me know
why this method won't work, considering if it won't.

Regards
Shashank Gupta