[Biojava-l] atomcache with a file

Daniel Asarnow dasarnow at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 22:05:19 UTC 2011

Jay,
The AtomCache also gives a performance boost when re-reading PDB files by
using a cached IO mode.  I believe you can manually activate this mode for
your PDBFileReader; see line 115 of
AtomCache<http://www.biojava.org/docs/api/src-html/org/biojava/bio/structure/align/util/AtomCache.html#line.115>
class
for the example.

I'm not completely sure on this, but I think any time you are re-reading the
same structure within the same JVM instance there is an advantage.

-da