[Biojava-l] User defined substitution matrix.

Andreas Prlic andreas.prlic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:00:14 UTC 2011

Hi Canan,

Please subscribe to the biojava-l mailing list for sending messages to
the list. Details for how to do that can be found here:

About your question:

getResourceAsStream is just opening a stream to a file that is bundled
together with a jar file. There should be no need for you to call that
to get a matrix.

If you want to use any of the (many) standard substitution matrices
that are supported by BioJava you just need to call
SubstitutionMatrixHelper .getMatrixFromAAINDEX(nameOfMatrix)

If you want to work with a matrix that is not yet the AAINDEX
collection of matrices, it depends on how the matrix is represented in
the file. If it is in the same style as in AAINDEX, you can use the
DefaultAAIndexProvider to parse your custom matrix.

Andreas