[Biojava-l] question regarding MSA

Mark Chapman chapman at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 29 09:35:48 UTC 2011

Hi Bo,

A starting point for formatted output with conservation symbols is already
implemented for pairwise alignments.  You can try it out by removing one of the
protein ID's on line 16 of the cookbook code and replacing line 30 with:
System.out.println(profile.toString(Profile.StringFormat.CLUSTALW));

The code that would need updating for multiple alignments is in
SimpleProfile.printConservation and around the call to it in the toString helper
method.

-Mark