[Biojava-l] GSOC 2011 - contributing to 'Amino acids physico-chemical properties calculation project'

Peter Troshin p.v.troshin at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Mar 25 13:40:43 UTC 2011

Dear Shameera,

 >>>As i felt it is required some knowledge about BioSQL so is it a good
point to start my next step????

I am sorry but I do not see how BioSQL relates to this project. Perhaps
more explanation from your side would have helped me to see the connection.

 >>>I have some problem with checkout and installing BioJava3

Me too, I was unable to checkout the BioJava Live from
svn://code.open-bio.org/biojava/biojava-live/trunk due to the following
error

" A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.
svn: Can't connect to host 'code.open-bio.org': A socket operation was
attempted to an unreachable host. "

However, a git read-only mirror
http://svn.github.com/biojava/biojava.git seems to work fine, at least I
was able to checkout the project.
So I'd suggest you to try that.

 >>>2. And i downloaded biojava3(v3.0.1) tar.gz and extracted it, as in
the Biojava : started says i want to set the CLASSPATH variable as

Have you downloaded biojava-all package from
http://biojava.org/download/bj3.0.1/biojava3.0.1-all.tar.gz or was this
something else? I cannot really comment on that one, as I have never
tried this. I am coping this message to the BioJava list let’s see if
someone else is aware of any problems with this package.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Peter