[Biojava-l] DBREF parsing exception...

Jay Vyas jayunit100 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 01:54:58 UTC 2011

Hi guys : It looks like the PDB parser for biojava is tripping up on the
DBREFs for pdb id 3O62 .  Its a little bit of a problem for me because
a bunch of exception stack traces are getting streamed to the screen and
making it difficult for me to debug my code....

Is there a way to disable the reading of DBREF lines, or alternatively, is
there
a way to fix the exception ?

badly formatted line ... DBREF  3O62 A    1   135  UNP    P84233
H32_XENLA        2    136
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 68
    at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1934)
    at
org.biojava.bio.structure.io.PDBFileParser.pdb_DBREF_Handler(PDBFileParser.java:1979)
    at
org.biojava.bio.structure.io.PDBFileParser.parsePDBFile(PDBFileParser.java:2413)

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC