[Biojava-l] DNATools lower case?

Alastair Kilpatrick alastair.m.kilpatrick at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:22:25 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Just in case anyone is interested in this and still looking for a fix - this
isn't a proper solution but it seems to work so far (with thanks to Shirley,
have only tried with BioJava 1.X i'm afraid):
In BioJava 1.8.1, core-1.8.1.jar contains the file
\org\biojava\bio\symbol\AlphabetManager.xml
Within that file, the lines for atomic mappings need to be changed from:
<atomicMapping token="a">
to:
<atomicMapping token="A">
..similarly for C, G & T.

In BioJava 1.4, the equivalent file is at
\org\biojava\bio\symbol\Alphabet.xml - the changes are just the same.

After changing, I had to update my project setup, but that may just be an
Eclipse thing, isn't too much bother.

Alastair

PhD candidate,
School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh