[Biojava-l] Biojava implementation of CE algorithm

Daniel Asarnow dasarnow at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 01:30:49 UTC 2011

Ambi,
>From Biojava's CE on 2aza.A and 1paz.A, I get:
RMSD = 2.8960955657826997
Z-score = 3.7
aligned = 85

and from the original C version:
Structure Alignment Calculator, version 1.02, last modified: Jun 15, 2001.
CE Algorithm, version 1.00, 1998.
Chain 1: pdb/pdb1paz.ent:A (Size=123)
Chain 2: pdb/pdb2aza.ent:A (Size=129)
Alignment length = 85 Rmsd = 2.90A Z-Score = 3.7 Gaps = 49(57.6%) CPU
= 0s Sequence identities = 11.8%

The web version of CE is the same except for 1 fewer equivalent
residues (CPU/FPU differences?).

Can you post your Biojava code?

Best,
-da