[Biojava-l] add Source Organism to genbank

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Mon Jun 13 06:11:38 UTC 2011

If you investigate the SimpleNCBITaxon class, you'll see that it has a addName() function. By using that on the instance you passed to richSequence.setTaxon() before doing the Genbank export then you'll get the name appearing correctly.

(The name classes are defined as constants in the parent NCBITaxon interface - COMMON or SCIENTIFIC are the two most commonly used.)

cheers,
Richard

T: +44 (0)1223 654481 ext 3 | E: holland at eaglegenomics.com
http://www.eaglegenomics.com/