[Biojava-l] SimpleGapPenalty defaults

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed Jan 19 15:07:44 UTC 2011

Hi Kalil,

can you send your code snipplet that you are running? I just re-ran
the cookbook example and it works for me. Also this behaves fine:

ProteinSequence s1 = new
ProteinSequence("QVQLQQPGSELVKPGASVKLSCKASGYTFTNYLIHWVRQRPGRGLEWIGRIDPNSGGTKYSEKFKSKATLTVDKPSSTAYMQLSSLTSEDSAVYYCATYYFGRSFFDFWGQGTTLTVSSQVQLQQPGAELVKPGASVKLSCKASGYTFTSYWMHWVKQRPGRGLEWIGRIDPNSGGTKYNEKFKSKATLTVDKPSSTAYMQLSSLTSEDSAVYYCAR");
		ProteinSequence s2 = new
ProteinSequence("QVQLQQPGSELVKPGASVKLSCKASGYTFTNYLIHWVRQRPGRGLEWIGRIDPNSGGTKYSEKFKSKATLTVDKPSSTAYMQLSSLTSEDSAVYYCATYYFGRSFFDFWGQGTTLTVSSQVQLQQPGAELVKPGASVKLSCKASGYTFTSYWMHWVKQRPGRGLEWIGRIDPNSGGTKYNEKFKSKATLTVDKPSSTAYMQLSSLTSEDSAVYYCAR");

		SubstitutionMatrix<AminoAcidCompound> matrix = new
SimpleSubstitutionMatrix<AminoAcidCompound>();
		SequencePair<ProteinSequence, AminoAcidCompound> pair =
Alignments.getPairwiseAlignment(s1, s2,
				PairwiseSequenceAlignerType.LOCAL, new SimpleGapPenalty(), matrix);
		System.out.printf("%n%s vs %s%n%s", pair.getQuery().getAccession(),
pair.getTarget().getAccession(), pair);

		System.out.println("Identicals:" + pair.getNumIdenticals());
		System.out.println("Similars:" + pair.getNumSimilars());

Andreas