[Biojava-l] ScalaLab, a system that can offers high-level scripting access to BioJava

sterg sterg at teikav.edu.gr
Wed Jan 19 11:19:51 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I like to announce that I develop a scientific programming environment
based on Scala, with a Matlab-like feeling, the ScalaLab,
http://code.google.com/p/scalalab/

that offers the potential to execute BioJava code
(BioJava is included as toolbox)
and also there exist a lot of potential in using Scala for more
high-level, scriptable access to BioJava tasks.

A BioJava Scala wrapper library, for having more compact BioJava code is
in my mind to develop, of course I'm open to possible cooperation with
the community.
I have also opened a ScalaLab discussion mailing list for anyone
interesting to participate.

Regards

Stergios