[Biojava-l] how to access biojava source control on svn

Steve Darnell darnells at dnastar.com
Thu Jan 6 22:56:42 UTC 2011

In the past, I have had problems using the Subclipse plug-in in Eclipse to checkout BioJava from the svn service at github on both Windows and Mac.  This is how I worked around it...

http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biojava-dev/2010-August/004356.html

The Subclipse svn plug-in from Tigris would fail during checkout with an
exception stating "RA layer request failed svn: REPORT of '[...]' 200
OK" for both Windows 7 and OSX 10.6.  For Windows, there are reports of
the Windows indexing service, antivirus scanners, or the Subclipse
JavaHL adapter causing svn problems.  Resolving these issues did not
help.

In the end, I used a git client on Windows to clone the biojava project
from github and then imported it into Eclipse as an existing Maven
project with the m2eclipse plug-in.

--

I did not revisit my search for an integrated Eclipse solution.  Now, I mainly use the jars made by the maven auto-build system.

~Steve