[Biojava-l] GSoC status

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed Feb 16 02:45:49 UTC 2011

Hi Udana,

I would like to motivate student proposed projects as much as possible this
year. This means if you want to distinguish yourself with your application,
it would be great if you would suggest a project by yourself that you find
exciting. If our application to become a sponsoring organisation gets
approved by Google, we will start discussing proposals around March 18th. We
will probably suggest possible projects at some point, but I really would
like to give preference to student proposed projects this year.

To get ideas about possible student proposed projects I recommend getting a
module that is related to your studies and try to do some work with it. This
might give you ideas about what is missing and what could be added in a
project.

Andreas