[Biojava-l] Problem with MultipleSequenceAlignment

udana chathuranga uchathuranga at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:15:19 UTC 2011

hi all,

When I was going through the biojava cookbook as I was interested in this
project. I tried the example in the page
http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook3:MSA and I got a classnotfound
exception for the line "Profile<ProteinSequence, AminoAcidCompound> profile
= Alignments.
getMultipleSequenceAlignment(lst);".

Error Message:

org/forester/phylogenyinference/DistanceMatrix
    at
org.biojava3.alignment.Alignments.getMultipleSequenceAlignment(Alignments.java:176)
    at CookbookMSA.multipleSequenceAlignment(CookbookMSA.java:29)
    at CookbookMSA.main(CookbookMSA.java:18)
org.forester.phylogenyinference.DistanceMatrix

Is this a know issue or Am I doing something wrong with the code?

Thanks
Regards
udana.