[Biojava-l] Cookbook entry - feedback please

Hannes Brandstätter-Müller biojava at hannes.oib.com
Thu Dec 22 09:18:37 UTC 2011

Hi!

I recently ran into the problem of having 2 very similar DNA Sequences
and wanting to get (1) a difference count and (2) a consensus
sequence.

I asked on stackoverflow and biostar.stackexchange.com for some input,
and the answers pointed me towards enums and a lookup table using
these. So I sat down and wrote that (that LUT took me quite some time,
I hope I did not make errors in there) and made a small class to
quickly get to the result.

I post the code as cookbook page for future reference, possible
inclusion of the code into the library and of course, feedback.

http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook:Core:SequenceCompare

Hannes