[Biojava-l] Is a modification of the FASTA parser for my needs easy or should I implement something else?

Hannes Brandstätter-Müller biojava at hannes.oib.com
Wed Dec 21 14:44:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 15:21, Andreas Prlic <andreas at sdsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> if this is a more frequently used file format, would be great to get a
> parser for this... Any patches are welcome ! ;-)
>
> Andreas

I just put together some kludgy thing that works for me now, but there
needs to be something done for this.
I mailed a bit back and forth with Peter, and he pointed me to
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2009/12/nar-fastq-format/ where Biojava
is mentioned to understand that quality information too. I guess that
got lost in the move to 3.0?

If nothing happens until March/April, I'll pick up this as my pet
project and work to help biojava to support FASTQ and the FASTA/QUAL
format. But until then I'm totally swamped. If someone else (perhaps
the one who wrote the FASTA Parser initially) could pick that up, that
would be great.

Hannes