[Biojava-l] structure alignment display

Daniel Asarnow dasarnow at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 00:15:17 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,
I need to display alignments in an application and would like to do via the
toPdb() of a "fake" structure containing the alignment.  It appears that
there are potentially a few ways to do this using the utility / display
methods in structure-gui.

I was wondering if I need to build from trunk to do this; the commit
messages imply that there might have been some problems with some of the
methods in StructureAlignmentDisplay and DisplayAFP at the time of the
release.  If it isn't necessary to build the libraries for that reason, I
was planning on copying the code from
DisplayAFP.createArtificialStructure(), as that method wasn't present at the
time of the release.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
-da