[Biojava-l] biojava3 and blast xml parser

Scooter Willis willishf at ufl.edu
Wed Apr 27 21:30:52 UTC 2011

We did not migrate the blast xml parser from 1.8 to 3.0. Typically I
will load the XML as a DOM object and use xpath to query the desired
results. I have some code in the biojava3-genome module
(org.biojava3.genome.BlastXMLQuery) that could possibly provide a
solution for you depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Let
me know if you have specific requirements that could help motivate
formal blast XML->Java objects support in Biojava3.

Thanks

Scooter