[Biojava-l] Amino acids physico-chemical properties calculation

effat farhana effat34 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:26:43 UTC 2011

Hi,
I'm a student of Computer Science and Engineering background. I heard about
GSoC a few days earlier and very much eager to participate in it. I'm quite
familiar with C++, Java multithreading. The idea of this project proposal
seems quite interesting to me.

One of the methods to be implemented is to calculate the numbers of
different amino  acids in protein.
Would you please explain how the input of this method will be given? Will
the protein sequence be represented by String as sequence of amino acids and
I've just count the different types of amino acid?

Looking forward for your quick reply
Thanks in advance

farhana