[Biojava-l] Retrieving data from Genbank online

K T madhatterkkt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 04:37:47 UTC 2011

I'm new to BioJava3, and recently downloaded 3.0.1.  I'm looking for a way
to retrieve entries from NCBI online (not a flat-file) using a RefSeq
accession ID.  I was able to do this with BioPerl, and I've also seen that
there was a way to do this under BioJava 1.x.  Can someone point me to a
code-snippet where this is done for BioJava3?

I tried searching online, but most of my search hits point either to BioJava
1.x or refer to retrieving them from a flat-file.  I'm trying to get it from
NCBI's online database directly.

Thanks in advance.