[Biojava-l] fileToBiojava question

Bernd Jagla bernd.jagla at pasteur.fr
Thu Sep 23 14:40:02 UTC 2010

  Hello again,...

I am still struggling with my little problem. I am getting closer I think...
I made some minor modifications to some biojava files and would like to
compile it under 1.6. Is this possible?

When I compare version 1.7.1 with mine the only difference seems to be
the java version. And the sample code runs with your but not with mine... ;(

I get the following error message:

org/biojava/utils/bytecode/CodeException
     at
org.biojava.bio.seq.FeatureFilter$OnlyChildren.<clinit>(FeatureFilter.java:1273)
     at org.biojava.bio.seq.FeatureFilter.<clinit>(FeatureFilter.java:1817)
     at
org.biojava.bio.seq.SimpleFeatureHolder.<init>(SimpleFeatureHolder.java:54)
     at
org.biojavax.bio.seq.RichFeature$Tools.makeEmptyFeature(RichFeature.java:167)
     at
org.biojavax.bio.seq.io.RichSeqIOAdapter.<init>(RichSeqIOAdapter.java:61)
     at
org.biojavax.bio.seq.io.SimpleRichSequenceBuilder.<init>(SimpleRichSequenceBuilder.java:100)
     at
org.biojavax.bio.seq.io.SimpleRichSequenceBuilder.<init>(SimpleRichSequenceBuilder.java:81)
     at
org.biojavax.bio.seq.io.SimpleRichSequenceBuilderFactory.makeSequenceBuilder(SimpleRichSequenceBuilderFactory.java:68)
     at
org.biojavax.bio.seq.io.RichStreamReader.nextRichSequence(RichStreamReader.java:109)
     at org.pasteur.pf2.biojava.biojavaIO.execute(biojavaIO.java:54)
     at org.pasteur.pf2.biojava.biojavaIO.main(biojavaIO.java:29)
org.biojava.utils.bytecode.CodeException
     ... 11 more

Do you think this problem can be due to the compiler???

Reading through some of the information on the web about
NoClassDefFoundError it should be something like or my class path is
messed or something like that...

Thanks for any tip/hint and how to identify and solve this problem

Best,

Bernd