[Biojava-l] BioJava translation

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 11:50:25 UTC 2010

As of the moment there are the translation test cases which is the best documentation:

http://github.com/biojava/biojava/blob/master/biojava3-core/src/test/java/org/biojava3/core/sequence/TranslationTest.java

This hopefully will give you a good idea about how to go about it. I was managing over 1000 translations per second of BRCA2 going from mRNA to peptide with checks. YMMV but I hope this is a lot faster than what you're currently seeing.

Translation supports a lot of different modes with TranscriptionEngine being the place to configure this. The Javadoc should be good enough to help you through the different modes available

Andy