[Biojava-l] How to share code while protecting copyrights?

McSweeny, Andrew J andrew.mcsweeny at rockets.utoledo.edu
Tue Oct 12 21:41:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am working on a project which simulates sexual reproduction in a population of digital organisms.  Their genome is just a contig from hg18.  It's pretty interesting and I can talk more about it in the future....

Anyways, how can I share my code for this project without having to worry that someone else will use it to publish a paper before my group does?

I'm certain nobody in the open source community would do that, but how do I convince my group that opening our project to BioJava is a good idea?

-Andrew