[Biojava-l] GSoC update

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed Mar 24 00:33:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

A quick update regarding the current status of our Google Summer of Code
project: Several students already have expressed their interest. In fact the
response was so good that I believe BioJava should try to run more than just
one project.  In the meanwhile we added another "mentor proposed" project to
our GSoC page : http://biojava.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code . Identification
and Classification of Posttranslational Modification of Proteins:  Develop a
Postranslational Modification package for the BioJava project.

In general Google strongly encourages to have student-proposed projects,
since historically those are often the most successful GSoC projects. It is
recommended that students contact us / possible mentors prior to their
application so we can match up students with suitable mentors and projects
and we can help in solidifying your project ideas. In principle any BioJava
contributor is suitable as a mentor. Students can apply between March 22nd
and April 9th via the google web site. http://socghop.appspot.com/

Andreas