[Biojava-l] RichSequence.IOTools.writeFasta Namespace question

Katerina Stillou kstillou at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 08:53:53 UTC 2010

Hello,
I would like to ask a question and hopefully it won't be too silly. I've
been trying to write a single DNA sequence in FASTA format but I am having a
problem. First of all, I'm using the following code:
 Sequence dna;
        try {
            dna = DNATools.createDNASequence("tgtgcac","dna_1");
            RichSequence.IOTools.writeFasta(System.out, dna, null);
        }
The output is like this:
>lcl|dna_1.0|
tgtgcac
The problem here is that that I don't want to use Namespace. In fact I want
the symbol > to be followed by  "dna_1". Is there a way to achieve this?
Thanks in advance,
Katerina