[Biojava-l] org.xml.sax.SAXException when parsing Blast-file

Hedwig Kurka kurka at mikro.biologie.tu-muenchen.de
Fri Jun 4 13:47:00 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a problem, when parsing a BLAST-file.
The error is:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could not recognise the format of this file as
one supported by the framework.

The error occurs in that line:
parser.parse(new InputSource(is));

and the input-file is a "normal" Blast-file (not in xml-format).

The code is taken from the Biojava-tutorial. I use the BlastLikeSAXParser.

I don't understand, what's wrong because the program runs without any
error, when I use it alone, but the error occurs, when I integrate the
code in my  other program, where I implemented e.g. a GUI.

Thanks,
Hedwig