[Biojava-l] SITE records in PDBFileReader

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Mon Aug 16 23:58:48 UTC 2010

- Take a look at PDBFileParser.java and at
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/format32/sect7.html
- It needs a new Handler method for the Site records that builds up the data
containers.
- Create a new bean that will contain the data for the SITE record
- Instead of having fields for insertion code residue nr and chain IDs, you
can use the new PDBResidueNumber.java class to group this together.
- Add a get/set method for the Site beans to the Structure class
- Create a junit test that make sure the parsing works ok.

Hope that makes sense...
Andreas

-

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Amr AL-Hossary
<amr_alhossary at hotmail.com>wrote:

> If you like It would be my pleasure to do it for you,
> Just tell me where to start (in the code).
>
> Amr

>>> org.biojava.bio.structure API, but I was unable to find reference to this
>>> functionality.  Does the PDBFileReader in BioJava extract SITE record
>>> information?  If not, would it be possible to add this capability to
>>> PDBFileReader and the Structure class?
>>>
>>> SITE record format at wwPDB:
>>> http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/format32/sect7.html
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Steve Darnell

>> --

Dr. Andreas Prlic
Senior Scientist, RCSB PDB Protein Data Bank
University of California, San Diego
(+1) 858.246.0526