[Biojava-l] DAS client: how to retrieve features for a sequence region

Bernd Jagla bernd.jagla at pasteur.fr
Thu Apr 29 06:30:03 UTC 2010

Hi Jonathan,

Just to clarify, I need to write my own das client? I was hoping to be able
to use most of the functionality especially for the parsing of the XML and
creating the URLs by means of functions/methods that are already around.

I am now going into debug mode for the DAS package in biojava to look for
the XML parsing, if you any further pointers on specific methods I should be
looking at it would mean a lot to me.

In short, I think I can create the URLs from scratch with not much effort. I
don't currently know how to put the XML into a data structure and how this
data structure should look like.

Thanks for your kind help,

Bernd

  _____