[Biojava-l] Analytical Tool- Prediction of Unknown Protein's location on an a Predicted pathway

jitesh dundas jbdundas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 02:31:46 UTC 2010

Dear All,

I wanted to propose an analytical tool in BioJava.

For e.g.) if we have  a large datasets with complete pathway
information  and the related information(e.g. p53 pathway will have
all the genes,proteins,miRNA s involved,etc ) mentioned, could we find
the location of a specific unknown (and just predicted protein)
protein/gene on a predicted pathway.

This was a suggestion on  the possible t ings on the analytical side
that we could do.Could we think of doing something of this sort for
BioJava (or atleast make it capable to handle such aspects)

Any ideas / comments are most welcome...

Regards,
Jitesh Dundas