[Biojava-l] BioJava Hackathon in January

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Mon Sep 14 08:44:57 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The January hackathon is now confirmed. It will take place from
January 18th-22nd 2010, at the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus (at
Hinxton, near Cambridge). Exact location on the campus will be
determined nearer the time as it will depend on final numbers attending.

If you will definitely be attending, _please email me_ to let me know
as soon as possible so that I can ensure we get a big enough room.
This is also important because unless I know you're coming, I won't be
able to arrange you a security pass to get onto the campus.

No funding is available at present so attendance will be at your own
cost (or your employer's if you can persuade them!). If this changes I
will let you know but don't hold your hopes too high!

There is no accommodation near the campus itself but there is a free
bus shuttle linking it to central Cambridge where you can find hotels
and hostels of all kinds and for all budgets.

The purpose of the hackathon is to make progress towards achieving the
goals listed on this wiki page, which Andreas Prlic is maintaining:

   http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:Modules

cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Holland, BSc MBCS
Operations and Delivery Director, Eagle Genomics Ltd
T: +44 (0)1223 654481 ext 3 | E: holland at eaglegenomics.com
http://www.eaglegenomics.com/