[Biojava-l] Newick Tree Visualization

Mara Axiom mara.axiom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:34:47 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm new to BioJava. I have copied the code "*getTreeAsJGraphT (Weighted
Tree)*" from http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:PhyloSOC07_doc which basically
parses a Newick string, and displays the result in text using JGraphT. It
works! My question is how to visualize the result in form of a graphic tree,
not text? Is there any way to do this in BioJava? Is there any source code
or example that can help me? Any help is appreciated.

I was looking at JGraph, but I'm not sure if it does what I want. If it
does, I don't know where to start.

Mara

P.S. I know there are tools which do this, but I need to create my own code
for something specific I want.