[Biojava-l] [Biojava-dev] what is the default parameters of

Andreas Prlic andreas.prlic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 03:48:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

That depends on several things. E.g. on the substitution matrix being
used, also on what you want to align.

Here a site that suggests a combination of substitution matrix and gap
penalties: ( BLOSUM62 matrix  with gap opening penalty of 10 and a gap
extension penalty of 0.5)
http://hydra.icgeb.trieste.it/benchmark_previous/index.php?experiment=13

To also advertise some related, but ancient work of myself ;-) see:
at: http://peds.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/13/8/545

Andreas