[Biojava-l] Newick/Nexus processing of non-binary trees

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:26:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

Either I am looking for too much time to the code or it seems to me
that the current implementation only supports binary trees (ie, trees
with 2 children).

I have tested with:
tree tree6 = (1,2,3);

And I get only 2 edges. The edge pointing to "1" gets lost.
Inspecting the old code, this seems to be how it is implemented.

In the case I am correct, this renders the whole tree parser somewhat
useless in its current form, as most phylo trees are not binary only.

The other two bugs are now corrected, but this is much more serious, me thinks.

--
"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of
moral crisis, maintain a neutrality." - Dante