[Biojava-l] Problem with SingleDP.viterbi(..)

Stephan Neumann Stephan.Neumann at gmx.de
Fri Mar 20 11:32:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

we have a question concerning the Viterbi algorithm in BioJava:
We are building Profile HMMs and performing BaumWelch algorithm to
improve them. Finally we are performing the Viterbi algorithm on the
resulting dynamic programming matrix (SingleDP). Now, we are wondering
where is the difference between the different ScoreTypes: (ODDS,
PROBABILITY, NULL_MODEL) of SingleDP.viterbi and how can we interpret
the resulting StatePaths. Furthermore, what does StatePath.getScore mean?

Best regards,
Stephan.