[Biojava-l] Aligning Chromatogram with Phrap ACE sequences ?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Tue Jun 16 07:24:19 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

Please refer to image 1 : http://i40.tinypic.com/11rsk00.png
image 2 (end of graph):  http://i44.tinypic.com/2vt4iu8.png

As shown in image (1) , I draw the basecall sequences of AB1 file,by
parsing the ACE file generated by Phrap.That is ,for upper part I do not
read AB1 file.Only read values from ACE file.(values under 'RD' tag in
ACE file.)In the example, two files are 'sampleA-S-R.AB1' and
'sampleA-S-F.AB1'.

For the bottom part- that is to draw Chromatogram, I use Biojavas
'ChromatogramGraphic' class.

I wanted to align these two parts- that is align 'sampleA-S-R.AB1'
basecall sequence with 'sampleA-S-R.AB1' chromatogram..and so on...(like
in ChromasPro).

But I noticed that basecall sequence of 'ChromatogramGraphic' is totally
different than that of from ACE file.
Refer to image (2) ; you can see the two sequences generated by same AB1
file is different in lenght also.

What could be the problem here? Any suggestions please

thanks in advance.
umanga