[Biojava-l] Compile error: unmappable character for encoding UTF-8

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Wed Jul 22 17:32:46 UTC 2009

It's usually an operating system thing. The encoding used relates
entirely to the way the user has chosen to save/read the file on disk
after they've transferred it from our repository (which is encoded
correctly). In this case, I expect the user's OS default is UTF-8 and
unless they specify otherwise, all files get saved in that encoding.

Having said that, the \uxxxx suggestion is not a bad idea.