[Biojava-l] Compile error: unmappable character for encoding UTF-8

pprun pzgyuanf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:34:49 UTC 2009

Hi there,

It has been a long time(years), I got this compile error when I trying
to compile source code:

GUITools.java:14: unmappable character for encoding UTF-8
  * @author Kalle N?slund

StructureException.java:29: unmappable character for encoding UTF-8
  * @author Andreas Prlic, Thomas Down, Benjamin Schuster-B?ckler

I trust you are not UTF-8 for your develpment environments,
I'm also awared that other global opern source projects are adopting a
convention to solve this problem: by using the '\uxxxx' escape to
US-ASCII characters.

Sorry! N?slund and Schuster-B?ckler.

Pprun